Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 39 - I Will Get There

The Numbers (as of 08/30/2014):


PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
37,510
37,535
758
458
31,004885
767
37
4
1,891
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete75.02%75.07%75.80%45.80%78.80%76.70%71.15%33.33%

Awesome week for sparring thanks to some great classmates. That gap is closing every week. Almost hit 1900 miles this week so that gap is GONE! Got a couple of good video clips this week also and need to get them posted.


The Training:

It's exhausting some days and other days it's just tiring. It's worth it. I'm staying on track. I'm staying focused. I will get there.

I feel like all of the sparring is helping a lot. I feel like I'm improving even if just in the way I see things and not yet improving how I respond to the things I see. I think repetition is a really good teacher. Kata doesn't always feel like work because I enjoy it so much. Yet here are so many things happening at once in kata. I don't always enjoy all the corrections I have to make, but I enjoy feeling like the details are becoming habits

The triathlon training is moving along. I'm being fairly passive about the training and relying mostly on consistency and mileage. September is the last month of triathlon training so I'll be ramping up the mileage a bit more for the few couple of weeks and then easing back down as race day gets closer. It's getting real :)

Slacked off a bit on the healthy eating this week but am conscious of it and will get back on track this week. Gotta get the protein shakes going and see how that feels.


The Challenges:

Balance. It's all about how things stack up. There are so many pieces of this test that each need some time. Then there's that whole, you know, life thing. That needs some time, too. And I have to make sure each aspect of all of these things gets the right amount of time. Some things need more time than others. Some parts are more challenging than others. So it's a balancing act of time and attention and energy and brain stamina. And sometimes the whole pile comes tumbling down and I have to figure it all out again. Little by little it goes by. So far so good.

The Levels:
Motivation: Staying steady...
Next Event: Sept. 7th - Giant's 1/2 Marathon 

Motivation:

Why we train/ What I hope to get out of this test ...



No comments:

Post a Comment