Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 43 - All Nerves

The Numbers (as of 09/27):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
41,560
41,585
208
580
51,184988
842
42
6
2,177
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete83.12%83.17%20.80%58.00%90.71%84.20%80.77%50.00%
Notes:
9/18 - Reset kata count: total so far (817) divided by 7 = 117 total and 883 to go = PANIC 

Well, the itty-bitty kata number got an itty-bitty bit bigger, that's the most important thing. Got my sparring count back up this week, too. So, the gaps are closing slowly but surely. Still, I have a feeling the last few days of December will be a kata/spar-a-thon for me. Anyone wanna join me? :)


The Training:

It feels hard right now. So many katas. I mean... SO many. I liked it better when kata was my happy place. Sparring... is also hard. Most of the time I'm wishing I could just slow it all down and see what I could have done. How my feet should have moved. I'm using more reverse punches and still trying to figure out the angling thing.

Dropped my mileage way down, probably earlier than I should have, but had to get the kata in. Besides, mileage wise I'm in good shape. The triathlon is 6 days away and I've been nervous for about 4 days already. That kind of nervous that you feel in your throat. I've wanted to do a 1/2 iron for a long time now, but I'm ready to put this race behind me. This is going to feel like a real accomplishment - if I make it :) And It will give me some time back. And my living room back (right now there is bicycle stuff everywhere). 


The Challenges:

I'm entering the phase of fighting off the burn-out. I've said it before, I'll say it again: The hardest part of this test is the mental challenge. It's not about staying motivated, I'm stubborn enough to survive some un-motivated moments. It's about remembering that I want this. And I do. And that's kind of how that conversation goes. About once a day-ish.


Fear:

I think this is why I do a lot the things I do.     


No comments:

Post a Comment