Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week 40 - Almost to the 80% Mark!

The Numbers (as of 09/06): 

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
38,560
38,585
783
492
51,054914
786
39
6
1,972
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete77.12%77.17%78.30%49.20%82.18%78.60%75.00%50%

The numbers make me happy. It's nice to see a representation of what's been accomplished so far. And, I love that I'll be entering into the 80%s this month. With the mileage where it is now, I'm pretty sure the last few months of this thing will be a lot easier on my legs! Got a couple of short videos posted so progress there. And so far so good on the increased sparring and staying consistent with it. 


The Training

It was a good week all around. Kept up the high mileage (just a couple of these weeks left), maintained the higher sparring rounds count and survived a Kusanku demonstration. 

The amount of sparring is helpful, but it's not always easy to cram it all in (I'm going for 32 rounds a week to get caught up). I know what my weaknesses are in sparring and that they aren't things that I can fix in the next 4 months, but I can work on them.


I'm enjoying the time spent on Chinto kata and Kusanku kata. Those katas are a lot of fun to work on because they're really dynamic. Each kata steps up a notch in difficulty and by the time you get to Chinto it's just fun to get to do all the twists and jumps. Difficult, but fun :)

Got a 1.2 mile swim in, too. That felt really good because that's my race distance and the farthest I've ever gone. I'm enjoying swimming a lot more than I thought it would. i don't want to enjoy it, but I do :) Cycling is good, still tweaking the bike fit, getting more comfortable in the aero position. Running... Good to go. I'm ready to get past this triathlon and start focusing on some strength training.


The Challenges:

Same stuff: time management, staying positive. But admittedly I'm getting calmed by the fact that I'm almost 80% there. It feels good to be nearing the end. 


The Levels:

Motivation: Nice and steady
Next Event: Sept. 7 - Giant's 1/2 Marathon; Oct. 5 - Rancho Cordova Challenge 1/2 Iron


Kindness:

No comments:

Post a Comment