Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Week 29 - Training the Brain

The Numbers (as of 06/21/2014):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
27,600
27,600
562
270
0677598
566
28
1
1,275
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete55.20%55.20%56.20%27.00%53.11%56.60%53.85%8.33%

On the right track with the numbers. It was another good week for mileage as I start ramping up the bike distances. It's that sparring number that I need to focus on. I have the means to get that number up, just have to figure out how to balance the time. I'll get it sorted.


The Training:

Right about now is when I'll start increasing the mileage on my runs and rides for the

events in July and October. Hopefully I can find a rhythm quickly and easily. 

Still working with Naihanchi kata. Focusing on the details. I need to continue to revisit the areas for improvement on Seisan and Seiuchin as well. And I'm visiting the rest of the katas to prevent any yikes-I-forgot-that moments. I really enjoy kata. 

Sparring... Trying to be more conscious about changing pace and moving on the half beat more often. Need some more burst movement.

On a good track with the healthy eating and getting my diet cleaned up a bit. I love that when I have cravings it's for berries and apples. But I don't know if I'll ever decline an offer for some homemade pie. That would just be silly, right?


The Challenges:

The physical training is tiring, sure, but it's not hard. The brain training... that's hard. The hard part of this test is what it takes to keep my brain willing to decide on the work out instead of the nap. And the tired that I feel from the physical aspect is manageable, but when compounded by the tired that I feel on the intellectual level... That's where the challenge comes in. So basically, I don't think I'd be this tired physically, if I wasn't so tired mentally. What I'm finding in the struggle is that this is, among so many other things, a test of endurance


Levels:
Motivation: It's there
Next Event: June 28th - Zooma Napa Valley 1/2 Marathon; July 27th - San Francisco Marathon

Endurance:




No comments:

Post a Comment