Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Week 28 - Are We There Yet?

The Numbers (as of 06/14):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
26,550
26,550
541
262
0639571
547
27
1
1,210
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete53.10%53.10%54.10%26.20%50.44%54.70%51.92%8.33%

The numbers are good. Got the mileage over the 50% mark so that's good. Finally got a value in the video column. It's all about that sparring number. It needs work.

The Training

It's time to start gearing up for triathlon training. The schedule that I planned out a couple months ago will be tested come July 1st. Should be interesting :) 

Working on the details of Naihanchi right now. It's funny because this kata looks pretty simple and there's not a lot of... "wow" factor. But there is a lot going on in Naihanchi, tons of details to be aware of. I think I've underestimated the value of this kata because I've never really focused on the principles it teaches. I like the concept of locking in, need to improve on that.

Sparring is sparring. This will, I think, always feel like a weakness. I am taking more angles but am struggling to figure out how to make use of the movement

I do think I'm cleaning up my eating more. Loads of fruit, more home-cooked food and even more salad. I admit though, I'm really excited when friends do the cooking :)

The Challenges:

Lately I'm dealing with... I guess when I follow it through, it's discipline. I'm maintaining the discipline, I'm just getting a bit resentful toward it, I think. I feel like I'm always having to choose: Choose between what i need to get done and what I'd really like to do. I keep choosing need. I really want to choose like.  I choose bike ride when I want to work on my deck. I choose run on my lunch break when I want to take a nap or just go for a quiet walk. Makes me wonder if what I need is to allow myself to choose what I want

Levels:
Motivation: It's there
Next Event: June 28th - Zooma Napa Valley 1/2 Marathon; July 27th - San Francisco Marathon

Discipline:


No comments:

Post a Comment