Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Week 26 - Hello You Beautiful Half Way Mark!


WOOOOOO! HOOOOOOOO! 

The Numbers (as of 05/31):


PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
24,600
24,600
502
239
0575535
507
24
0
1,110
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete49.20%49.20%50.20%23.90%46.24%50.70%46.15%0.00%


Okay, so it might be a bit anticlimactic because those numbers don't all say 50%. I admit, I stared at them in denial for a while. And then I got over it because for six months I have been working my butt off and it feels really good to know that I'm still here, still going. I'm half way through this thingI'm averaging 6.1 miles a day and 135 pushups and crunches a day and that feels pretty good, too.

For the next six months I'll be needing to get some videos put together and get some of those other requirements completed. I'm looking forward to it.

The Training:

Is paying off. It's nice to be able to see and feel the results of it all. I can push harder for longer and what used to be tough is getting comfortable. I'm also seeing how cross-training really compliments my martial arts training (will talk more about that in a separate blog post). I need to stay focused on sparring techniques and keep spending time on the details of kata and understanding their applications.

Also, need to continue to polish up my eating habits a bit. I have been eating more home-cooked food but still let convenience food in maybe more than I should. And I realize that I REALLY need to give more attention to hydrating properly. My habits there need some SERIOUS renovation. 

Proud to report that I have conquered one of my three personal fears. I gave a snake a little pat on the head. I'm terrified of snakes. So terrified of snakes that I will run away from a large worm. It's true, I own it. This snake, whose name I've now forgotten/blocked out... is a wild-caught emerald tree boa named Princess. Apparently she has some pretty amazing fangs. I'm glad to report that I did not have to witness them first-hand. At any rate, thanks to my friend Heather for the experience. Sort of... :)

The Challenges:

The time management challenge will always be here, I've accepted that. But, getting some time in with friends while we happen to be going for a run or a ride is proving helpful. I'm cramming in some quality time with my welder or my mitre saw and I know that it's improving my overall mood. 

The latest challenge is around trying to decide if to set my triathlon aside in favor of a martial arts tournament. It's a new challenge, just came up. I haven't put much thought into yet but it feels pretty symbolic of how I'm always having to make a choice between something I want to do and something I should do. More to come on that, I'm sure.

Levels:
Injury: Hahahahaha! Oyama Tournament...
Number of bruises: 17
Motivation: Pretty high
Next Event: June 28th - Zooma Napa Valley 1/2 Marathon; July 27th - San Francisco Marathon

Determination:



No comments:

Post a Comment