Sunday, December 29, 2013

Week 4 - Another One Down

Spent most of this week in Tucson doing manual labor for my Mum. Wouldn't have it any other way. It might not be runs or weights or kata, but let me tell you , I'm working hard! We built a kitchen island, painted half a house, wired outlets, mounted TVs... Good times. On some days it was way more exhausting than a run and some push-ups. Seriously...

I did take rest days on Christmas Eve and Christmas; just did some walking. I'm starting to feel the rhythm of the day-to-day stuff and that feels good. To just get stuff done without really having to think about it too much. I'm looking forward to when it's all just incorporating into the nooks and crannies of time where they'll fit best. 

Need to get on the reading and start moving forward with seeking out a master. I know, I know... it's only 4 weeks in... plenty of time, right? I don't want to take the time for granted is all. I'm not stressing anything, but I don't want to stay on top of things and make sure nothing slips. I know my mileage for this month was low, but I'm not worried about that because the summer will fill all that in. 

Meditation. Ugh... my brain is so erratic. I'm looking forward to going into to 2014 and using it as a marker to reset my brain.

So... My plan... I'm just gonna keep going...

1 comment:

  1. Meditation??? "My brain is so erratic"? need to find a "master"mmmmmmmmm I think I know someone.....grasshhhoper.....
    Seriously? start today on the meditation, you will have the black belt on week 52 and you already know that..but stillin the mind......might take some more time.
    To meditate..Sit..close eyes...pay attention to belly...count breaths,,one in,,,two out, three in, four out,,,until ten,,then start again,,and here's how i can get you to do it..I bet you ????? you can't do that for 5 minutes:)

    ReplyDelete