Saturday, December 14, 2013

Week 2 - Just Keep Going Anyway

This week... I'm kind of glad it's over. I ran the marathon on Sunday and lived to tell about it. Want to say thanks SO MUCH to those families who came out.  And another thanks for the AWESOME signs! (Be sure to zoom in on the picture if you can)



Monday was work and then lots of food and sleep. Them Tuesday I woke up with a pretty gross version of the common cold. So, I took it easy this week.  I'm learning that to get healthy I have to rest. So I clocked 0 miles this week until today. I'm gonna stay calm about this for the time being based on the knowledge that I have PLENTY of time. 

It's funny how different time seems when you count a year down by the week. It feels like it's going very quickly. I'm looking forward to going into the third week of this feeling way better and, you know, being able to breathe in thru my nose. :) Meditation continues to be a challenge. I find it strange: I'm very capable of focusing. I can get too focused I'm told. And I always thought meditation was just a calm kind of focus. I'm starting to disagree with myself. Haha. It's WAY past that. I haven't figured out what, but that's the train I'm on for the time being. 

I've chosen to re-read Meditations on Violence as my first book for the year. I strongly recommend that book. It offers a really interesting and in some ways humbling perspective on martial arts/self-defense. I think I will have to read it at least five times to do it justice. 

Life has kept me out of the dojo for three weeks now and I'm really eager to be back in. I'm glad I've managed to keep my testing journey a priority. I'm glad that not once have I wondered why I'm doing this. Or decided it was too much. I'm glad I have so much support in so many aspects of my life. Because all of that meters and all of it helps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment