Sunday, December 22, 2013

Week 3 - A Good One

This week was a good one. I got my bike set up for indoor winter trainer rides so that will be really handy for the next couple of months. Although if weather and schedule permit I'd love to go outside. Got a couple walk/hikes in which was nice. Ready to get back into the running this next week. Started the half marathon calendar up for 2014. Already registered for the January run and have March picked out. No half marathon in February but I'll be doing the Getty Owl Run. You guys should come out to that one. Also got registered for the half ironman race on June 8th. Exciting stuff. 

Getting into a better rhythm with the push-ups, sit-ups and kata. It seems kind of funny to be squeezing stuff in on my 15 minute breaks at work, but if there where I can fit it, that's what I'll do. 

The book reading is coming along slowly. It's not that the book isn't an awesome one, it's that I'm not making it enough of a priority. Hopefully the next couple weeks will help me change that. 

It was good to have a better week. This month has been pretty challenging time-wise. And I've definitely felt that things have been testing my resolve and testing my ability to form the habits I need to form in order to get thru all of this successfully. I'm not discouraged, but I'm definitely noticing some struggle from my mind and body. But the habits will form and things will get easier. This week was a good turning point for my brain. I relaxed, took some breaths and recognized that it's okay to feel some struggle.

I'm looking forward to working on it this week and rolling into 2014 with a bit more confidence. I know that I can do this. That's the important thing. And I'm holding on to that thought very tightly.

So, on to the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment