Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 5 - Time to Focus on... Focus

So 5 weeks behind me now. And a whole lot more in front of me. My numbers are looking okay. They're not great, but they're not absent, and I'm just going to choose to feel good about that for right now. There has been a lot going on in the last 6 weeks, personally, professionally, and in terms of my test. So I think I need to spend the next couple of weeks focusing on focus. 

I've been away from the dojo for various reasons, then tac on time away for the holidays. It would have been really easy to just skip out on my day-to-day activities. And on some days I did, on some days I sort of did, and on some days I refused to. And at this point, like I said, I'm choosing to be okay with all of that. A lot of this past 5 weeks has been a very solo time, martial arts wise. So far my test has been a sort of conversation between me and my martial arts, and some real reminders and/or conversations from my Sensei. 

I feel like I'm in shape. I feel glad to have that as a foundation to stand on while I do this crazy thing. I feel like I'm being pushed even harder. Like... I was a solid brown belt back in November. In December I became a black belt candidate and that changed things. I feel Sensei pushing harder when we spar, calling out all the details when we run kata, calling us in for extra workouts. I feel my own workouts meaning a bit more. 

I'm looking forward to going into January with a goal to work on my focus. I want to take things one at a time, concentrate on each of the things I do in single parts. Like when we do kata, every move comes to completion before the next one starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment