Saturday, January 11, 2014

Week 6 - Back in the Saddle

And by saddle I mean the one on my bicycle. It's not a comfortable saddle. At all. Nonetheless, I'm glad to be getting my cycling legs back in motion. 

This week felt good. It is really nice to be back in the dojo. Had a good week mileage wise. I got a few short rides in during the week and some short runs/walks. Have a usual Sunday run in the morning. We will start building our Sunday mileage up next month but keeping it to  6 miles for now. I'm also really glad to get some numbers in the sparring column of my tracker. Sensei was more than happy to help with that once I voiced some concern about being behind. I'm still behind, but not stressing it yet.

It's been interesting revisiting Seizan kata and adding another layer of details. Every step, every movement has a purpose. Have to complete one move before you start the next. It's a great way to force yourself to be totally present in what you're doing. That's always been my favorite thing about kata. It's one of the few things I do where it's easy to just focus on what I'm doing and not let any other thoughts sneak in. My brain is calm during kata. 

Another highlight about this week is that the constant soreness in my shoulders from the pushups is going away. Also, got the ball rolling on my community service project idea. Need to be reading more. All-in-all I feel good about this week. Being back in the dojo feels fantastic! 


No comments:

Post a Comment