Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week 32 - Staying Consistent

The Numbers (as of 07/12):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
30,860
30,930
618
304
0767695
626
31
2
1,462
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete61.72%61.86%61.80%30.40%60.91%62.60%59.62%16.67%

So far so good. The mileage gap is closed so now I'll start building a cushion. That's a good feeling. The holes are the same: sparring and videos. Not worried about the videos, but it's on my radar. Sparring... that's where the attention will be going.


The Training:

My schedule this week was kind of wonky so I was in the dojo on a Wednesday for sparring. I think it was goo to have that opportunity to spar with a different group. Trying to find those offensive angles

I think we're wrapping up Naihanchi and moving into Wansu kata soon. I really enjoy Wansu kata, and am very glad to take a break from Naihanchi dachi. :) 

Been adding some sprint work into my runs to try to shave some time off of my 1/2 marathon. Fingers crossed. I WILL get into the pool this week. I WILL. 

My eating was not so great this week. Reverted to the frozen stuff. Eek... Still ate loads of fruit, of course. Will be at my Mum's in Tucson for the next week and she has stocked up on fruit. And I mean STOCKED UP! Still need to get an accurate average for my daily protein intake. I think it's in good shape but no harm in looking at the numbers.


The Challenges:

Same deal, folks. Had to make some hard choices with my time this week that kept me out of the dojo on my typical days. It just is what it is and I think the decisions were right.  And keeping my head in the game. Even though a lot of the daily stuff is really routine at this point, it's so tempting to just take a day. And sometimes I do, and that's okay, so long as I jump back in. The break can be a really good thing. Time to reenergize. And it feels kind of funny to NOT workout. 

The coming week is a change in my routine as I'm in Tucson visiting my Mum and Dad. They've shown me where the pool is (less than a mile away) and the construction is all done so there's a great path to run on. I have no bike here so might do some miles on a stationary or just be okay with it. And there will, of course, be hanging out. :)


Levels:
Motivation: Consistent but not overflowing or anything
Next Event: July 27th - San Francisco 1/2 Marathon

Some Interesting Facts:


No comments:

Post a Comment