Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Week 34 - Steady as She Goes

The Numbers (as of 07/26):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
32,510
32,580
654
304
2787755
668
32
2
1,544
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete65.02%65.16%65.40%30.40%64.33%66.80%61.54%16.67%

Looky there, it's a 2! In the swim column, I mean. Haha. Numbers are in a good place, I just have to keep the swimming going and keep the videos coming. I slacked off a bit on the push-ups and crunches this week, but It's not a cause for concern. Jumped right back into the routine of it later in the week. I'm hoping to start closing the sparring gap soon. Gotta protect my floating ribs from that Mr. Ramos guy.


The Training:

Moving into Wansu kata now and loving it. I enjoy this kata a lot so look forward to pouring some time into the details. I remember learning this kata and that feeling of fun because it was so different from the others. And... ready to get back to the sparring!

The swimming is going okay. It's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and that makes me a lot more comfortable about the triathlon training. Got lots of good sprint work in the last couple of weeks. I know it helps, but I just can't talk myself into liking it. Cycling, need to ramp up the mileage soon. 

Still eating really well. The amount of fruit in supply at my folks' house is awesome. Of course, it's significantly less now that I've come and gone. I stocked up at home and am ready for another week of good eats :) It takes a lot to keep me full some days, A LOT, but the fruit does the trick. I highly recommend eating crazy amounts of fruit!


The Challenges:

I had a bit of a break from the time management challenge because I was away. I'm back home now and hoping that I can ease my way to a place that feels productive but less crazy than when I left. Once that backyard is done I will feel more at ease.

Keeping my head in the game: That's an interesting one. There are always going to be distractions. Some pull harder than others. Sometimes working out is a nice way to slip into a zone where there's only one thing to focus on. Sometimes it's harder to reach that focus and working out feels like a chore. 

Just gotta keep going.


The Levels:
Motivation: Steady as she goes...
Next Event: July 27th - San Francisco 1/2 Marathon



A Positive Thinking Reminder to Myself and Anyone who Needs it:


No comments:

Post a Comment