Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 31 - Another Week Down

The Numbers (as of 07/05):


PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
29,640
29,880
600
288
0737665
608
30
2
1,402
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete59.28%59.76%60.00%28.80%58.43%60.80%57.69%16.67%

Same same. Consistent strengths, consistent weaknesses. Thankful for the help from Mrs. Ramos who is always willing to do some videoing for me. Need to start making some clips of my home workouts and my runs, etc. Sparring, sparring, sparring... gotta start that number climbing.


The Training:

Sensei wants me to start angling offensively, not just defensively so I will be working on that in regards to sparring. Among other things, of course. 

Still working on the details of Naihanchi and drilling the application of that kata. Makes me a bit nervous to be on the third kata still at 7 months in. Still have another 4 katas to detail. There were some updates to kata last week that we are all retraining ourselves on. 

My eating was not quite as clean as it could have been this week. I kept the meals healthy and even the snacks. I think I may have loosened up too much on the desserts. No regrets, just being honest :)

As to brain training, I got anther book done: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. It was a struggle. I find most books on meditation and living in the now to be pretty out of reach for me. And I admit that, in some ways, I'm resistant to the concepts they promote. I would love to be better at living in the now, but I can't quite comprehend how to experience something without involving thoughts and the brain. I don't know yet, how to separate self from mind. Basically, I have a whole lot more work to do in that area. :)


The Challenges:

They are the same really: Time management/balance and keeping my head in the game. I feel like I'm managing the workout schedule pretty well. And I've allowed myself to relax if/when I miss a workout in favor of rest or some time with my friends. Not beating myself up every time has been helpful. 

As to keeping my head in the game, that one is a struggle. For now I just tell myself to suck it up. Remind myself why it's important to me. And I add some perspective. This is a good struggle to have. I am not wanting for anything I need, I'm just tired. Also, I have to add some comedy where I can and laugh at myself as often as I can. Because showing up for a run with a friend in flip-flops, that's pretty silly (and maybe means I should have taken a nap). 


Levels:
Motivation: Staying where I need it to be
Next Event: July 27th - San Francisco 1/2 Marathon

Some Interesting Facts:


No comments:

Post a Comment