Thursday, March 27, 2014

Week 16 - They are Kind of Going Fast Now

The Numbers (as of 3/22):
PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
14,700
14,700
295
100
0346311
307
14
0
657
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete29.40%29.40%29.50%10.00%27.36%30.70%26.92%0.00%

The Training:
Well, got some good bike miles in this week. Need to up my running. And for the love of Pete I need to get to the pool. I'm just going to come out and say it: Training for a 1/2 iron is WAY harder than I thought it would be. Everything says it takes 9 hours a week minimum. I'm not doing 9 hours a week specific to triathlon. But I'm gonna do it anyway :) 

Getting the katas and push-ups and sit-ups in has become a part of my work day routine and is more habit than thought at this point. So, feeling good about my numbers and the consistency around them. Enjoying kata as usual. I've always said there are two things that make my head stop chattering. That's running and kata! Sparring is... the same, but things don't change over night. 

I've also been in contact with Kyoshi Marilyn Fierro. I chose to profile her for the portion of the test that requires we get in contact with a master. It's nice to have that in the works. She was great to talk to and I look forward to exchanging emails with her.

Challenges:
Figuring out when to swim, when to bike, when to run, when to kata, when to work on my deck, when to not do a darn thing. This test is also a practice in time management. I'm getting thru my second book slowly but surely. 

Levels:
Number of bruises: 4
Injury: still wearing these finger splints
Next event - Marin County 1/2 marathon - April 19th
Motivation Level - Pretty good

Kindness:
This article is cool. Plus, it kind of relates kindness to meditation, which we have to do daily as part of our test.


No comments:

Post a Comment