Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week 15 - Feeling Some Challenges (And that's okay)

The Numbers (as of 03/20):
PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
13,800
13,800
277
90
0288301
286
13
0
589
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete27.60%27.60%27.70%9.00%24.55%28.60%25.00%0.00%

The Training:
Started my swim training for the triathlon. Really have nothing nice to say about swimming so I'll just gloss over this :) I'm also working on making some modifications to my road bike to get a setup that's closer to a triathlon bike. Cycling is a weird thing. Increments of 2 mm can make big differences in comfort and efficiency. 

Still struggling with the sparring but have some things to focus on that will help: Don't force it, if I plan on trying for one target, but something else is open, go there instead. I need to be more fluid about it. I'm also still working on angles: Angling away from an attack to put myself in a better position. I'm going to focus on those two things for a while. 

As far as kata goes, I'm enjoying working on Seuichin. And I'm making sure to visit all my other katas as well so I don't have any more forgetful moments. I enjoy the process of deep-diving into the katas. The fine-tuning of foot and hand positions and the twisty awkwardness of the crane stance is something I can happily get lost in.

Challenges:

Life is a busy thing sometimes. And that's okay, just have to keep going anyway. Things at work are starting to get more... well, it's like I'm a grown up. I'm starting to study for my CBAP exam (it's a business analyst certification thing - work related) and that will need some time. Triathlon training usually requires 9 hours a week. Swimming requires making it to the gym. I haven't been able to play with  my welder or my plasma cutter for months. That's how it has to be for right now, I guess. I'm okay with it, but I definitely recognize that it feels... I am going thru some adjustments. Time management is a big part of this test right now. And I don't even wear a watch!



Levels:
Here's something I'm adding this week per my friends' observation and recommendation. Just for laughs...
Number of bruises: 6
Injury: 2 splinted fingers. How two? I really don't know...
Next event - Oakland 1/2 marathon on March 23rd

Kindness 
Here is it! A link to a pretty cool act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment