Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week 47 - FORTY-SEVEN!!!!

The Numbers (as of 10/25):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
44,970
44,970
426
682
61,2501,066
914
46
7
2,322
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005612
Percent of Annual Targets Complete89.94%89.94%42.60%68.20%96.76%91.40%82.14%58.33%

I really wish the kata number was climbing faster. It feels like it should be. I was really hoping that I'd be at 50% by the end of the month but I won't quite make it. It adds a lesson in patience to the test, I suppose. The sparring number is improving. Hopefully we can get some sparring in on Sunday mornings. It'll get there... somehow...


The Training:

I'm still enjoying the strength training. Even though it looks like I'll be sore everyday for the rest of the year. That's progress, right? Need to get more maintenance runs in, tho. Will be working that into the lunch time routine. 

Sparring is... sparring. I think I suffer from lazy-back-foot. There is more angling, but even then I feel like I'm only half way angling because my back foot isn't coming with me. I'll be working on that. And also on more snap and making sure the technique is right. 

Kata... it's hard to do 9 rounds of kata a day. I haven't maintained the numbers like I should and I know it's going to catch up with me. Thank goodness for the cushion that's build into that 9 a day number. It's shrinking, but it's there. 


The Challenges:

The lunch time routine is getting tricky. It feels strange to pull back so much on mileage but I can't do the run, the weights and the kata all on a lunch break. Keeping my head "in the game" is basically a constant thing. It's close... it's so close. That helps. And the fact that it's basically habit, that helps. I'm a bit concerned about the holidays and getting all the numbers despite the "break." Just have to stay on top of it. 


The Levels:
Motivation: Present and accounted for...
Next Event: November 16th - Big Sur 1/2 Marathon; December 7th - CIM Relay;
January 9th - Black Belt Test



Patience:
I'm trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment