Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 37 - Thank You Notes

The Numbers (as of 08/16):


PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
35,560
35,505
716
386
2909837
729
35
3
1,748
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete71.12%71.01%71.60%38.60%72.82%72.90%67.31%25.00%

I know the sparring number is still pretty small but the last couple weeks have started a good trend for closing that gap. I just have to keep it up for another 19 weeks. And hope that my VERY helpful classmates can as well. Will get a couple of videos up this week, too. So far so good and feeling great.


The Training:

I'm feeling good about my training lately. Coming to the peace with the fact that I will be under-trained in terms of swimming for the triathlon. But... I'm okay with it. I'm okay with it because the triathlon is one piece of my test and if I look at the testing as a whole, I'm happy with how it's progressing.

I'm feeling challenged by the details of Chinto and Kusanku. They're newer to me, I haven't had as much time with them, and so they don't feel nearly as familiar as Seizan and Seiuchin. I hope some of the nervousness will go away over the next few months, so for now I'm going to focus on repetition. 


Thank You Notes:

I have to say that the last few weeks of the test has felt a lot lighter than the few months prior. And I know exactly why that is: Mr. Emil Ramos. This test is SO much easier when someone is doing it with you. And Mr. Ramos' energy has given me a boost I didn't even know I needed. Sharing the experience with family, friends and dojo through the blog is helpful, it keeps me encouraged and accountable. But... having someone who is doing the test with me has made a huge difference. I am re-energized by his energy. So... Thank you Mr. Ramos.

And I'm also reminded, by his parents, how awesome parents are. My Mum and Dad were equally involved in all my adventures growing up. So partly I reminisce and wish my folks were here to wake me up and count my sit-ups. Not because I need them to, but because they want to. And partly it reminds me that I probably wouldn't have the discipline or even know how to have the desire for this, if I didn't have parents who told me I could do anything. So... Thank you Kate and Manny and thank you Mum and Dad.


The Levels:
Motivation: Feeling good
Next Event: August 23rd - Race For the Arts, September 7 - Giants' 1/2 Marathon


Just a Good Quote:







No comments:

Post a Comment