Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 36 - I Need to Hydrate... Seriously

The Numbers (as of 08/09):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
34,460
34,380
693
350
2879804
710
34
3
1,685
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete68.92%68.76%69.30%35.00%70.22%71.00%65.38%25.00%

On the right track with the numbers and got some very interesting news, too. Turns out I have 31 days longer than I thought I had. I thought I had until December 1st but I get until the 31st. That won't really change much of what I do day-to-day but it does give me some cushion. Phew.


The Training:

It was a good week for sparring. Some willing classmates get there early to get some sparring in before class. That will have to be my routine for the rest of the test in order to get my 1000 rounds. Kata is going well, it continues to be my happy place.

Clearly I haven't figured out how to get myself to the pool, but I have a bit of time yet. Staying steady with cycling and running. 

Eating well but still eating out a bit much. Studying up on nutrition and loving it. Listening to The China Study book now. It is a lot of information and has answered a lot of my questions... And is blowing my mind. While, I lean towards supporting the meat-free diet, I recognize the need to round out my studies with pro-meat theories. However, one thing that has been made abundantly clear: Whether you eat meat or stick to veggies, HYDRATION IS HUGELY IMPORTANT. The two or three cups of water I drink (and that's on a good day), is simply not okay. I think I could study this stuff non-stop and not get bored or ever learn it all.


The Challenges:

Really no change: Time management and keeping my head in the game. I will say, that lately I feel like I'm getting a good amount of me-time (to do other stuff). That might be because I've taken a break from the backyard renovation. It might be because I am out of the house more. Either way, I'm liking it and it keeps me in higher spirits.


The Levels:
Motivation: At a nice steady rate
Next Event: September 7th - Giant's 1/2 Marathon


HYDRATE



No comments:

Post a Comment