Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Week 19 - Feel the Burn, Feel the Challenge

The Numbers (as of 4/12):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
17,250
17,250
348
124
0398382
367
17
0
780
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete34.50%34.50%34.80%12.40%32.52%36.70%32.69%0.00%

The Training:

Man, trying to step my sparring up a notch... Well, it feels like trying to balance my dog on a paperclip. And my dog is a spaz. He'd probably try to eat the paperclip. I am seeing angles more, maybe even moving with them more. Still working on using those angles and making something happen. Gotta use blocks as strikes, change gates, change speed, strike before they finish their strikes... And at the same time, I have to relax more. Brain explosion. Still, I feel like there is some improvement coming

Kata continues to be my happy place. Even with the tweaking and some other changes to techniques and stances, it is my happy place. Keeping up with my numbers, reading, in contact with Kyoshi Fierro, need to get on my videos, and solidify a plan for my empathy training. So far so good.

The Challenges:

It's all about time management. And all the things that come with that. I don't like this, but here it is: I haven't welded for fun in months, fell asleep on my friend's couch when I went over for dinner, haven't done any drawing or painting, etc. Mentally, that's getting challenging. Those are things that I really enjoy. So, in some ways I feel like the fun is falling out of things. I'm still figuring out how to wrap my head around that, and from there will figure out what to do about it. But there it is. I have put A LOT on my plate, and I'll get it done, just gotta figure out the way over this hurdle. I want the fun back. 

Levels:
Soreness: Not bad considering I spent 3 days putting a deck in (lift with your legs, Chrissy)
Injury: Just a swollen, broken-ish finger
Number of bruises: 3 - which I believe is a record low!
Motivation: It's in there, just a bit buried at the moment
Next event: Marin County 1/2 marathon - April 19th

Some Motivation:
Moving from kindness to motivation today. And I don't care if this makes me 8 years old, it's AWESOME! The eating fire part is kind of crazy. I'll just focus on hydrating better :) Take a look!



No comments:

Post a Comment