Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 56 - 4 Days to Go!

The Numbers (as of 12/27):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
50,450
50,450
935
986
61,2501,208
1,074
56
9
2,463
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005612
Percent of Annual Targets Complete100.90%100.90%93.50%98.60%102.65%107.40%100.00%75.00%


Other Requirements:

Other Requirements/Goals
Empathy TrainingBlindMuteWheelchairXComplete:
Read 6 books✔ - 7 Habits✔ - BABOK✔ - A Call to Action✔- Power of Now✔ - China Study✔ - TraditionsComplete:
Seek out a MasterKyoshi Fierro - DoneComplete:
1 Personal GoalRancho Cordova Challenge - 1/2 Iron Distance (70.3) - Oct 5thComplete:
Memorize the Black Belt PledgeComplete:
1 Community Service Project✔ - Swings for SMA✔ - Team w/ Robotics ClubComplete:
Conquer 3 Personal FearsRidingScubaScheduledReptileComplete:
1/2 Marathon in < 1:46:00Down to 1:50:01 so farComplete:X

Sparring... almost there. Kata... not as almost there as sparring... but will get there. Video.... almost there. So basically... Almost there

Empathy training is done as I met the requirements. Enjoyed all the books, learned a lot about Kyoshi Fierro and achieved my personal goal of completing a 1/2 iron triathlon. Haven't memorized the Black Belt Pledge yet, but it will be done by December 31. Community service project... ✔. 



I set some additional goals: 

  1. Spend a day in a wheelchairI didn't get to it due to scheduling and surgeries, but I'm sure my friend will be up for it in a few months. 
  2. Conquer 3 personal fears - I rode a horse, petted a snake (eeewwww) but didn't get the scuba lesson in. I was going to do it this month but the turns out they don't put you in the water. So, I did some research and found a place with a heated pool and am signed up for January's class. 
  3. Get my 1/2 marathon time down to 1:46:00 - Not even close! Haha. I did shave 4:55 which I'm happy with. My new personal record is 1:50:01 (that :01 really hurt) and I feel good about that but will keep trying for that 1:46. 

Empathy Training - Blind Day:

I only made it 8 hours. It was HARD. I did a full 24 hours of no talking. I'd spend a week with no talking before I'd do another day without vision. I made a sandwich that had WAY too much mustard in it. I will always know how tall my kitchen counters are because my hip bones will never be the same. I tripped over my dog at least 4 times. I'm thankful for audiobooks and for a small house with no clutter. I know they say you don't know what you have until you lose it. This brought that to a whole new level. I am thankful for my sight


The Last 4 Days:

I'm taking Wednesday off from work to do kata and make videos :) "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming." I will get there.

The Levels:
Motivation: Has been taken over by the cramming
Next Event: January 9th - Black Belt Test


Motivation:


No comments:

Post a Comment