Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 52 - 365 Days! 8,766 Hours! 525,949 Minutes! Seriously... It's a long time.


The Numbers (as of 11/29):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
49,070
49,070
712
840
61,2501,159
1,000
51
8
2,415
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005612
Percent of Annual Targets Complete98.14%98.14%71.20%84.00%100.62%100.00%91.07%66.67%

The Numbers make me happy. It was a GREAT week for sparring courtesy of a few classmates. I feel good about the sparring. The kata, however, is going to require quite a push at the end. Finished up my acts of kindness requirement but gotta get one video a week for December. Getting there...


The Training:


What a difference some grappling makes. And by that I mean... it hurts. Haha. It never fails to amaze me the different ways we can work out and the effects it all has. I was so sore for a few days there that sneezing hurt. And grappling makes me feel like I need to put more time into strength training. 


Over the Thanksgiving holiday a small group of us met at the dojo to train. Mrs. Ruch led us in a couple short series of exercises. I kind of fear that woman :) Talking with her reminded me that it's important to diversify my workouts. Karate, should only be one part of my training and cardio shouldn't be the only other thing I put time into. Diversify. Strength. Those will be my goals in the next year, I think. 


The Rest of the Requirements:

With one month to go it seems appropriate to touch base with the other requirements. Here ya' have it:


Other Requirements/Goals
Empathy TrainingBlindMuteWheelchairComplete:
Read 6 books✔ - 7 Habits✔ - BABOK✔ - A Call to Action✔- Power of Now✔ - China Study✔ - TraditionsComplete:
Seek out a MasterIn contact with Marilyn Fierro; DraftedComplete:
1 Personal GoalRancho Cordova Challenge - 1/2 Iron Distance (70.3) - Oct 5thComplete:
Memorize the Black Belt PledgeComplete:
1 Community Service Project✔ - Swings for SMA✔ - Team w/ Robotics ClubComplete:
Conquer 3 Personal FearsRidingScubaReptileComplete:
1/2 Marathon in < 1:46:00Down to 1:50:01 so farComplete:X

I did some empathy training on Friday. One day mute: It was really entertaining sometimes and super frustrating sometimes. At the dojo there was a lot of laughter as we sort of charade-ed our way through a couple of hours. At the store I felt kind of rude. Not just because I couldn't say thank you (signing it wasn't helpful), but because I felt totally disconnected. At home, I just felt really bad for my dog. I think he felt disconnected.

I set a goal to get my 1/2 marathon time down to 1:46:00. Didn't even get close! But... I did shave 4:53 off my personal record. So that get's an "X." Hoping to get a scuba lesson this month but probably won't get a wheelchair day as my friend is recovering from a surgery. Profile of a master will be posted soon. It's coming together. 


The Challenges:

Kata... 


The Levels:
Motivation: Trying to ramp it up.
Next Event: December 7th - CIM Relay; January 9th - Black Belt Test

Motivation
This month is about getting excited for testing day. So I will work harder this month than I have in the past 12. 

No comments:

Post a Comment