Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week 50 - It's All Feeling Very Test Like Right Now

The Numbers (as of 11/15):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
47,320
47,320
599
739
61,2501,126
965
49
7
2,382
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005612
Percent of Annual Targets Complete94.64%94.64%59.90%73.90%99.26%96.50%87.50%58.33%

Yeah, the numbers moved a bit too slowly this week and I will have to do a bit (more) cramming to make up for it. Took me a bit to get ramped back up after my "sorta-vacation." The consistency got a lot easier for a while. A break in the routine was a test of discipline for sure


The Training:

Haven't had much access to the weight room lately since I haven't been in the office much and when I am it's because of meetings (boo). Would like to circle back to that soon. Have been eating well, though. And doing some maintenance runs. One thing I never get bored of is running :)

Sparring and kata will be in the catch-up zone right to the bitter end. Just gotta grin and bare it. I haven't maintained the 9 sets a day of kata and now the cushion built in to that number is *poof* gone. I have to do the 9 sets a day or I won't make it. And my "won't make it" I mean I will have to take a few days off of work to get them done. My manager has been made aware. She's a trooper :) Sparring is much the same. Absolutely have to push and figure out how to get more rounds a week. I need to average closer to 40 per week. Argh!


The Challenges:

WORK! There's that usual push at the end of the year where everything gets busier but this year is hitting special proportions. If not for dojo family bringing me dinners at the dojo I might wither away. Thanks! I've started carrying a gi in my car at all times. I should add a jug of peanut butter. 

And school. Sigh... Why didn't I just wait until January!?!?!? Strategic Management, sounds fun right? It's not hard, it just takes time. I know it's worth the time so I just have to suck it up. The sooner I finish this degree the sooner... I can start another :)!


Mental Toughness: 
This is the time where I have to hold on to this or ...



No comments:

Post a Comment