Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Week 49 - 52 Days to Go. Yes, I'm Counting

The Numbers (as of 11/8):


PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
46,620
46,620
546
712
61,2501,109
945
48
7
2,365
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005612
Percent of Annual Targets Complete93.24%93.24%54.60%71.20%98.55%94.50%85.71%58.33%

Here they are, moving right along. Nothing to see here, folks. Same 'ol stuff: Still scrambling for kata and sparring, and need to do some videos. Looking good on the others, loving those 90%s. They make me feel like the end is near.


The Training:

I was in Tucson all last week visiting my folks. I took my gi and was in contact with a few gyms/schools about coming in for a couple days of training. I did this mostly so I wouldn't miss a week of sparring. But... I decided to let it rest for a week. I'm really glad I did. I know it's going to make it harder to meet my numbers, but it was worth it. There's a lot to be said for just taking a breath, hanging out with your parents, and re-enforcing that most of my oddities were inherited :)

I did however, mostly keep up with the other stuff. Did some kata when I woke up and some kata when I went to bed. I also probably did some kata in my sleep, but hey, it is what it is. Push-ups and sit-ups are on track to be finished in maybe mid-December so I can take a day off every now and then with no worries. And I did do some short runs. Should complete my mileage this week or next. That is a beautiful thing. 

Still need to get some of the other requirements done: empathy training, profile a master, one more book... there's a bit more. It's all on the radar, it'll get done. Just might be some kicking and screaming along the way.



The Challenges:

Keep Calm and Kata On? I never thought the day would come that I'd use a Keep Calm and... But there you have it. I confess there's some nervousness about making my numbers for kata and a bit for sparring, too. I just have to keep going. Kata is a mind game, a fight against burn-out. Sparring is in better shape because, although it requires the willingness of classmates, that willingness abounds, so the only real challenge is schedule. Being a grown up... I'm feeling kind of "meh" about it. Haha. 


The Levels:
Motivation: Yeah, it's there...
Next Event: November 15th - Ramtown Tournament; November 16th - Big Sur 1/2 Marathon; December 7th - CIM Relay; January 9th - Black Belt Test


Motivation:
I haven't seen this one before but I like it a lot. It is particularly appropriate on this, the 50-days-to-go day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment