Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Week 23 - Sourcing Determination

The Numbers (as of 05/10):

PushupsCrunchesKataSparringJourney (Swim)Journey (Bike)Journey (Run)KindnessJournalVideo
Annual Totals:
21,600
21,600
435
191
0483472
446
21
0
955
Annual Targets:500005000010001000240010005212
Percent of Annual Targets Complete43.20%43.20%43.50%19.10%39.80%44.60%40.38%0.00%

No real change. The numbers are as they should be except for sparring counts but I will work on that. I'm excited that I'll hit the mileage requirement this month. Then I'm breaking into my goal for the extra 1400 miles. That feels like progress. Love that the percentages are nearing 50%. I'm really looking forward to that half way mark.

The Training:

Tabata workout that hits every body part in 30 minutes. #workout #stregthtrainingI feel like it's going well, but I pendulum back and forth between feeling like I'm just doing too much to feeling like I need to step it up. It's kind of driving me crazy. I think it's caused by the diversity of things I'm training for. Running and cycling keep me in good cardio condition. But martial arts isn't the same as going for a nice, long run. It's like going for a long run that's comprised of sprints (eew), fatigue squats (ugh), getting kicked in the head or punched in the guts (ouch) and wall kicks (feel the burn). So basically, I get excited when my running improves, then frustrated when I'm winded after a few minutes of sparring. I have no doubt that my conditioning helps, I just wish they could overlap more. So, for the next few weeks leading to the Oyama tournament, I will replace a couple of my lunch runs/rides with a tabata workout.

And some other stuff that's going on:
Got some video footage and need to get to work on that.
Working on the community service project.
Gathering info for my write-up on Kyoshi Fierro.

The Challenges:


The time management challenge isn't going away. I might get better at it, but it's not going away. So, there's that. And that goes hand in hand with balance. Not just balancing rest with workouts. But, also ensuring that I make time for the fun stuff. People talk about work/life balance all the time. This is similar, I call it Black Belt Test/Welding-Building-House-Cleaning-Sleeping balance. I'll work on a more efficient acronym. 

Levels:
Soreness: Not too bad
Injury: Finger
Number of bruises: 5
Motivation: Still climbing (and still arguing with the desire to nap)
Next Event:  June 2nd - Oyama Tournament, June 28th - Zooma Napa Valley 1/2 Marathon

Determination:
Shifting from motivation to determination this week. When I was just starting this process, there was a mixture of feedback. Some people just nodded and said "go get it." Some people wondered if was even realistic and what the point of it was. Sometimes it helps me to think there are people who might doubt that I can do this, or that it can even be done, that it's just not realistic. The stubborn in me comes out roaring and I stand up a bit straighter


No comments:

Post a Comment